Look Around for Inspiration!
Inspiration can come as a strong force and provide a clear picture of insight. Many individuals naturally find inspiration all around them. They can look at a picture, a beautiful landscape, conjure up a thought, or read an inspirational message. Personally, I often wish a wave of creativity would come over me at moments throughout the day. I understand what can be accomplished when you have this insight. Unfortunately, for me, it doesn’t always happen that way.
Often times I have to go out and seek the vision or motivate myself to be inspired. It doesn’t always come naturally for me but, If and when it does, I make sure I write it down. It seems as soon as it enters my brain, it just as quickly leaves. Obviously, there is a lot going on up there (my brain) and retaining these fantastic thoughts can be a bit of a struggle.
For most of my adult life, I have been more the go-getter type than the creative type. I believe this has produced somewhat of a whole or dullness in my everyday life. That’s why I make an extra effort to be mentally stimulated. This stimulus can provide me energy and positive thoughts and help me have a productive day.
Here are 10 simple ways to find inspiration on a daily basis:
- Look around and find something that stands out. It can be a picture, a bright color, a human face, a baby. Just look around.
- Walk outside and smell the fresh air. Take a look up at the sky and notice the sun and the clouds. Take a picture and capture the moment.
- Look up inspirational quotes. Find one that resonates with you, print it, and place it in your line of site. Refer back to it throughout the day.
- Write your goals down and hang it up in your workspace.
- Have a go-to song. This is a song that pumps you up every time you hear it.
- Sit in a Sauna for 15 to 30 minutes. While in the sauna turn on some classical or calming music.
- Go on Social Media and see what is trending. Find someone you are following and read new updates.
- Find a quiet space and start jotting ideas down. Whatever comes to mind – Brainstorm.
- Get a massage!
The list above are things you can do every day or several times a day. “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” – Jack London. Jack London was an American Novelist, Journalist, and Social Activist in the late 1800s and early 1900s. He was a fiction writer that had to find inspiration in a time where it would be difficult to find the vision. I would think there is so many more things today that we can be stimulated by. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to make the inspiration happen. Look around, take a deep breath, and enjoy your surroundings. Inspiration will come to you but don’t be afraid to go search for it.