5 Simple Ways to get Yourself Back into a Healthy Lifestyle!
We’ve all been there. You feel great, eating healthy, consistenly going to the gym then all of a sudden something happens and your routine is totally interrupted. For me, I had some back issues. I dealt with back pain for a few weeks. For those who have had back pain know how much it impacts your everyday life. You’re miserable and the last thing you want to do is go to the gym and work out. Luckily for me, I got this problem corrected within a few weeks. I can’t imagine how people deal with back pain on a consistent basis. As luck should have it, as soon as my back felt better, I got a cold. Again, try going to the gym and being “healthy” when you have a terrible cold. So, now it’s been about 4 weeks out of my healthy routine. I’m not eating right and I haven’t exercised. I’m not feeling great about myself right now and I know I need to do something about it. When you feel this way, it trickles into all aspects of your life and you’re not really motivated to do much. So, it’s time to make a change.
5 Simple Ways to get yourself back into a healthy lifestyle:
- Pick a Day to Start: Make it a day that is in the near future. I’m talking if it is Friday, start on Monday. Don’t tell yourself you will do this in 2 weeks. You know how that will work out for you.
- Go Grocery Shopping: Make sure you know what your diet will look like for the week and go buy everything you need before you start. Plan each day so when you are in a rush, you can grab and go.
- Plan your Workout Schedule: Look at your calender and know the days you will go to the gym. Can you hit a spin class, yoga class, pilates? If not, figure out where you have at least 30 minutes to get your heart pumping good? Put it in your calender so you are prepared.
- Psych Yourself Up: Now that you have a plan, it’s time to get excited. Take a look in your closet and notice all the clothes that are currently tight and uncomfortable. Look forward to getting back into your favorite pants. Look at some pictures where you felt your best. Plan a mini vacation where you will be able to show off your new body.
- Do it: Simple, right? The morning of, your going to feel a state of euphoria. You know you have a great plan and nothing is going to stand in your way. You’ve got this! You know you are doing the right thing and your excited to get this going. You want to feel healthy again.
Now the challenges begin to creep there way in. Be ready! You’ve been sticking to your plan and feeling great but the unexpected business dinner is announced and your schedule is interrupted. You can’t go to the gym and your meal plan is compromised. It’s okay, don’t panic! Make the change in your calendar and hop back on your new schedule. Try to stick to your diet as much as possible during the dinner. If you happen to cheat, don’t throw your whole strategy out the window. Forgive yourself and move on. Maybe you do an extra 15 minutes on the treadmill to make yourself feel a little better. Remember to drink lots and lots of water. Drinking water has many benefits that include help with digestion, improves mood, aids in weight loss, and much more.